If you or your photographer wants to send in the pictures via email, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not get a confirmation email within one school day, please call 763-682-8162.
Photos are accepted via email, on disc, or as photographs.
Please see the information below for more details.
Can’t find your question here? Contact Ryan McCallum at email@example.com
Q. When are senior pictures due?
A. Senior pictures must be at the school by Friday, October 12, 2013.
Q. How do I get my pictures to you?
A. We prefer that you have your photographer mail us your portrait; however, you can either bring your pictures to the front office by Friday, October 11, 2013, or send it to the address below.
C/o Buffalo High School
877 Bison Blvd
Buffalo MN 55313
Q. Can I email you a portrait or send it in on CD?
A. Digital portraits look great in the yearbook. Please make sure that images that are above 5 megapixel and saved at 300 dpi or higher. Images from digital SLR cameras look best. Photos may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted on a disc to the address listed above. If you do not receive a confirmation email within one school day, please call 763.682.8162 to address any issues with sending the picture.
Q. What are the specifications for senior pictures?
A. We have specific requirements for our pictures in order to maintain a consistent and quality yearbook. These specifications are in place to make sure that all seniors look good. Any picture that does not meet these requirements can be rejected by the staff. You will be contacted in this situation. Our specifications are as follows:
- The picture should be wallet sized or larger
- The head size should be approximately 1 and 1/4 inch from the top of the head to the chin on a wallet-sized picture.
- All pictures will be in color.
- No props can be used — including sports equipment, pets, cars, etc.
- No hands should be near or on the face.
- Use a plain background — please no flags or heavy foliage
Q. Where would you recommend students go for their pictures?
A. Check out our list of recommended photographers. These places have a history of taking good-looking pictures that meet our standards and are delivered on time.
Q. Can I use a “Lifetouch” photo (regular school photo taken on picture day)?
A. YES! Lifetouch photos have been used with great results in the past. However, student must sign a sheet consenting to its use before we include it in the yearbook. A yearbook representative will be in contact with you or your child about this. We do not automatically receive or print Lifetouch prints for seniors who do not submit senior photos. Be sure to order at least one picture if you wish to submit one.
Q. Can I (or a friend) take a photo for someone else using my own equipment?
A. Yes. As long as the photo meets the above requirements, we will run it. We’ve had pictures taken with regular 35mm cameras and digital SLRs that look great… even next to professional portraits. However, please be advised that pictures taken this way are often rejected for not meeting the quality standards above. Professional portraits usually meet our standards. It’s best to take several different shots and submit multiple pictures in order to have your photo accepted.
Q. What are some low-cost or quick options for portraits?
A. Portrait studios such as Sears and Wal-Mart, while they may not offer the variety of poses or personalization of professional portrait studios, can take low-cost pictures that have a quick turnaround if you are still waiting for your photos, planning on taking portraits at the end of the year, or are not planning on getting a package from a local professional photographer.
Q. Why do you have so many standards?
A. The Tatanka has high standards for senior pictures for multiple reasons. The first reason is that we want you to look good. Over the past few years, we’ve seen and worked with thousands of senior portraits, and we know what works and what doesn’t once your pictures are cropped and placed in the book next to other pictures. Other yearbooks with loose standards often end up embarrassing students by allowing certain photos to run. The second reason is that the Tatanka is a nationally-recognized standard of excellence in yearbooks, and we want to keep it that way by printing a beautiful senior section with portraits that look good. These standards are made with your benefit in mind. If you have any further questions, please contact us.
Q. When will we be getting Baby Ad information?
A. FULL COLOR Baby ads can be purchased for $40 and will be due on Friday, November 15, 2013. Information about Baby Ads will be sent to you on the Senior Picture deadline day. Check here later for more information.
Senior pictures are due Friday, October 12, 2013
Senior Photo Specifications for the 2013 Yearbook
• All photos must be in full color – No black and white.
• Head and shoulder shots only – no hands showing on face. If hands are showing on your face, you picture may be rejected. This is to prevent you from looking awkward in a row of photographs.
• Plain background – a dark background is preferred.
• No props! – No pictures with sports accessories, cars, pets, or any other props will be accepted; this includes background “shades”, foliage, sparkles, etc.
• Head size – 1 ¼ inch (on a wallet-size picture) from top of the head to the bottom of the chin.
• No Hats, bandanas, etc – Male or female
• Digital photos – You are very welcome to submit a digital photograph on a CD or via email. Please email photos to email@example.com. If you email a photo, include your phone number in the email and expect a confirmation phone call or a reply to your email within 48 hours of emailing the photograph. CDs can be sent to the address below or dropped off at the front office.
Send Pictures to:
C/O Buffalo High School
877 Bison Blvd
Buffalo MN 55313
or email digital photos to